Youth Global Citizen (YGC) Program Overview:
Youth Global Citizen (YGC) is an experiential learning program that teaches young adults leadership skills and the significance of service and philanthropy. YGC cultivates leaders with diverse perspectives to serve and lead. Each class is composed of a maximum of 25 participants who meet several times during the month of June 2018. See program schedule below.
Youth Global Citizen Class of 2018 will be composed of high school students that exhibit the following:
- A strong desire to become a better leader in all aspects of life;
- A passion for serving others;
- An eagerness to learn and develop their own character;
- A willingness to collaborate and learn from others;
- A willingness to have ideas challenged;
- An awareness of injustices that call them to action.
- Program Orientation – Friday, June 1, 2018 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Program Retreat – Saturday, June 2, 2018 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Learning Event 1 – Friday, June 8, 2018 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Learning Event 2 – Saturday, June 9, 2018 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Project work session - Sunday, June 10, 2018 (1 PM - 3 PM)
- Learning Event 3 – Friday, June 15, 2018 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Learning Event 4 – Saturday, June 16, 2018 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Project work session - Sunday, June 17, 2018 (1 PM - 3 PM)
- Learning Event 5 – Friday, June 22, 2018 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Learning Event 6 – Saturday, June 23, 2018 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Project work session - Sunday, June 24, 2018 (1 PM - 3 PM)
- Final Learning Event – Friday, June 29, 2018 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Presenations & Graduation – Saturday, June 30, 2018 (10 AM – 2 PM)
All sessions, except Program Celebration, will be held on the campus of Illinois Wesleyan University in the State Farm Hall.
Benefits to Graduates:
- Greater self-understanding and self-confidence in their ability to lead
- Comfort and skill working in a team with diverse individuals and perspectives
- Work on a project team to understand a local/global need and providing necessary support through fundraising efforts and service
Please note there is a fee (i.e. tuition) to participate in the program. This fee helps cover the various costs associated with offering a program like YGC, and is set at $125 per participant. This fee is payable to For A Better Tomorrow, and must be paid in full by the conclusion of the program. Financial assistance may be available upon request.
How do I apply:
- Please complete this online application form. Applications will remain open until Saturday, March 31, 2018 and all applications must be completed online.
- Do you know someone who might benefit from this program. Please complete this nomination form.
For additional information contact YGC Steering Committee via email at email@example.com