To eliminate the gap between abundance and need.
Promote social justice by meeting needs in the local community and the world through accountable, sustainable philanthropy and by nurturing future generations of servant leaders.
We are driven and guided by social justice through accountable philanthropy, transparency, integrity, servant leadership, inclusion, and an abiding respect for diversity.
Our Beliefs and Behaviors:
- We believe in hope and hope for a better tomorrow.
- We demonstrate in thought and action a firm commitment to social justice and diversity.
- We seek to provide support that is both sustainable and culturally sensitive.
- We espouse transparency and integrity in all we do.
- We collaborate in all endeavors and seek to empower others.
- We impart the importance of servant leadership to others, including youth.
Five tenets of FBT Giving:
- We comprehensively vet all projects, ensuring they are non-political and non-religious;
- We create sustainability;
- We require representation by a liaison personally known to the board at the site of all global projects;
- We provide support using local vendors to enhance local economies;
- We ensure that at least 98% of total funds raised go directly toward the projects we support.