Youth Global Citizen
- A strong desire to become a better leader in all aspects of life;
- A passion for serving others;
- An eagerness to learn and develop their own character;
- A willingness to collaborate and learn from others;
- A willingness to have ideas challenged;
- An awareness of injustices that call them to action.
YGC 2020 Program Calendar
- Program Orientation – Friday, May 29 (4 PM – 9 PM)
- Program Retreat – Saturday, May 30 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Learning Event 1 – Friday, June 5 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Learning Event 2 – Saturday, June 6 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Learning Event 3 – Friday, June 12 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Learning Event 4 – Saturday, June 13 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Learning Event 5 – Friday, June 19 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Learning Event 6 – Saturday, June 20 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Final Learning Event – Friday, June 26 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Project work session – Saturday, June 27 (10 AM – 2 PM)
All sessions will be held on the campus of Illinois Wesleyan University in the State Farm Hall.
YGC participants will deliver final project presentations and receive graduation certificates at a graduation event that will occur approximately 2 months after the final learning event. This allows each project team to execute their project plans and report back on the results. Date & time is still TBD, but for reference it was Sunday September 8th earlier this year.
Benefits to Graduates:
- Greater self-understanding and self-confidence in their ability to lead
- Comfort and skill working in a team with diverse individuals and perspectives
- Work on a project team to understand a local/global need and providing necessary support through fundraising efforts and service
Tuition for the YGC program is $125 per participant (tuition assistance is available upon request). This fee helps to cover the cost of hosting the program, despite the many great volunteers that donate their talents to help make YGC possible. Donations in excess are graciously welcomed.
How do I apply?
- We will begin accepting applications starting in January 2020. Our applications are electronic.
- We will also be accepting nominations
Alumni looking for more?
We’ve heard from our alums and their families that they want more after the YGC experience. That’s why we’ve given our alum a way to tell us how you want to get involved. Complete the form and we’ll be in touch!
Reach out to email@example.com