Youth Global Citizen
- A strong desire to become a better leader in all aspects of life;
- A passion for serving others;
- An eagerness to learn and develop their own character;
- A willingness to collaborate and learn from others;
- A willingness to have ideas challenged;
- An awareness of injustices that call them to action.
- Program Orientation – Friday, May 31 (4 PM – 9 PM)
- Program Retreat – Saturday, June 1 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Learning Event 1 – Friday, June 7 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Learning Event 2 – Saturday, June 8 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Learning Event 3 – Friday, June 14 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Learning Event 4 – Saturday, June 15 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Learning Event 5 – Friday, June 21 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Learning Event 6 – Saturday, June 22 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Final Learning Event – Friday, June 28 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Project work session – Saturday, June 29 (10 AM – 2 PM)
Final presentations & graduation will take place Sunday, September 8th at the Bloomington Double Tree hotel from 11 AM -12 PM. From 12 PM – 1 PM, project teams are invited to join their non-profit at a non-profit fair being hosted at the same location.
Benefits to Graduates:
- Greater self-understanding and self-confidence in their ability to lead
- Comfort and skill working in a team with diverse individuals and perspectives
- Work on a project team to understand a local/global need and providing necessary support through fundraising efforts and service
Tuition for the 2019 YGC program is $125 per participant (tuition assistance available). This fee helps to cover the cost of hosting YGC and ensures the sustainability of this important youth development program in our local community. If willing and able to provide additional financial support to help provide YGC scholarships, as well as secure the future of the YGC program, anything in excess of $125 is graciously welcomed.
How do I apply:
- Please complete this online application form. Applications will remain open until Friday, May 3, 2019 and all applications must be completed online.
We often find alumni and their parents want more after their YGC experience. We are committed to offering a variety of ways for alumni to stay engaged with YGC, including the ability to source and complete team projects to address various needs in our local community with FBT’s backing. Tell us how you want to get involved.
For additional information contact YGC Steering Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org