Youth Global Citizen
- A strong desire to become a better leader in all aspects of life;
- A passion for serving others;
- An eagerness to learn and develop their own character;
- A willingness to collaborate and learn from others;
- A willingness to have ideas challenged;
- An awareness of injustices that call them to action.
- Program Orientation – Friday, May 31 (4 PM – 9 PM)
- Program Retreat – Saturday, June 1 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Learning Event 1 – Friday, June 7 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Learning Event 2 – Saturday, June 8 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Project work session – Sunday, June 9 (1 PM – 3 PM)*
- Learning Event 3 – Friday, June 14 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Learning Event 4 – Saturday, June 15 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Project work session – Sunday, June 16 (1 PM – 3 PM)*
- Learning Event 5 – Friday, June 21 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Learning Event 6 – Saturday, June 22 (8 AM – 5 PM)
- Project work session – Sunday, June 23 (1 PM – 3 PM)*
- Final Learning Event – Friday, June 28 (4:30 PM – 9 PM)
- Project work session – Saturday, June 29 (10 AM – 2 PM)
Final presentations & graduation will take place Sunday, September 8th at the Bloomington Double Tree hotel from 11 AM -12 PM. From 12 PM – 1 PM, project teams are invited to join their non-profit at a non-profit fair being hosted at the same location.
Benefits to Graduates:
- Greater self-understanding and self-confidence in their ability to lead
- Comfort and skill working in a team with diverse individuals and perspectives
- Work on a project team to understand a local/global need and providing necessary support through fundraising efforts and service
Please note there is a fee (i.e. tuition) to participate in the program. This fee helps cover the various costs associated with offering a program like YGC, and is set at $200 per participant. This fee is payable to For A Better Tomorrow, and must be paid in full by the conclusion of the program. Financial assistance may be available upon request.
How do I apply:
- Please complete this online application form. Applications will remain open until Sunday, April 14, 2019 and all applications must be completed online.
- Do you know someone who might benefit from this program. Please complete this nomination form.
For additional information contact YGC Steering Committee via email at email@example.com